Image Lot Price Description


SN 90. Cal. 44 RF Henry. Fine iron frame Henry with 24-1/4″ oct bbl that has integral magazine, early round top German silver front sight and an orig 1000 yard Henry ladder rear sight without stop screw. Top flat of receiver has an additional sight seat. Mounted with uncheckered straight grain American walnut buttstock that has straight grip and first type iron buttplate with round heel and large trap containing a 4-pc iron & hickory cleaning rod. This rifle has all the attributes of early Henrys with the first type round top German silver front sight, small bbl address, sharp radius on top rear edge of receiver, deep radius on bottom front edge of receiver, small loop finger lever without latch, small trigger pin, a slight perch belly stock and the round heel on the buttplate. According to the book The Henry Rifle, Quick, there were fewer than 400 iron frame Henrys produced with the highest number known being “355”. At the writing of this book, March 2008, Mr. Quick reported that there were only 89 known iron frame rifles, 16 of which had duplicate serial numbers with brass frames. SN was observed in the usual places, on top bbl flat between rear sight & receiver, left side of lower tang under the wood, inside top tang channel of buttstock and inside buttplate tang. Round part of bbl under loading sleeve has assembly number “183” with matching number on rear face of loading sleeve. This exact rifle, identified by SN, is pictured on pg 30 of The Henry Rifle, Quick with credit to the Tommy Rholes Collection. PROVENANCE: Tommy Rholes Estate Collection. CONDITION: Very fine, all matching including all stock & buttplate screws. Bbl & magazine tube retain 75-80% glossy orig blue with sharp edge wear on oct part with some scattered chemical spotting and wear on magazine tube at the carry point; receiver retains about 10% flaked orig blue with the balance having flaked to a medium gray/brown patina; hammer retains moderately faded case colors and the lever mostly a gray patina. Wood is sound with a few light nicks & scratches and overall retains about 90% strong orig varnish. Mechanics are crisp, bright shiny bore. Cleaning rod has had the jag tip altered, otherwise is fine. 4-50616 JR7 (100,000-200,000) – Lot 1002 – test

Auction: Firearms - Spring 2014
Please Note: All prices include the hammer price plus the buyer’s premium, which is paid by the buyer as part of the purchase price. The prices noted here after the auction are considered unofficial and do not become official until after the 46th day.