Bidder Terms and Conditions
We advise all bidders to read the Terms and Conditions of the Sale before bidding with Dan Morphy Auctions LLC (DMA). Those who bid are bound by those Terms and Conditions of the Sale, as amended by any oral announcement or posted notices, which together form the contract of the sale between the successful bidder (purchaser), DMA and the seller (consignor) of the lot.
TERMS OF SALE
When bidding on any lot offered by DMA, the bidder indicates acceptance of the following Terms of Sale. Any participation in the auction binds you to agreement of these terms whether or not you read or understand said terms.
CONDITION OF ITEMS
DMA makes every effort to accurately describe all items offered in its sales, however all items for sale are “as is,” and it is the bidder’s responsibility (present or absentee bidders) to determine the exact condition of each item. DMA will not be held responsible for typographical errors. Neither we nor the consignor make any guarantees, warranties, or representation expressed, or implied, in regard to the property or the correctness of the catalog or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibition, literature or historic relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warranty or representation. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine its condition, size and whether or not it has been restored. The consigner and we make no representation or warranty as to whether the purchaser acquires any reproduction rights in the property. Returns will not be accepted under any circumstances. All items will be available for preview one (1) months prior to the auction.
All items are sold for display purpose. If electrical, mechanical, or other working parts are inoperable even if working at the time of sale we are not liable due to the inherent nature of the age of these antiques and items.
FIREARMS – All firearms transfers will be in strict accordance with all Federal, State and local laws. If you are unable to purchase or own a firearm, please do not bid on these items.
GAMING DEVICES - These items may be held for up to 5 business days so the state agencies can verify the purchaser’s information. All auction participants are urged to check the legality of possession and/or shipment of gaming devices to their state of residence. Any gaming device purchased at the auction shall be used for the purposes of display or social entertainment within the private home or residence of the buyer and such devices shall not in any event or manner be exposed to the public for the purpose of gambling.
Near Mint Plus 97% - 100% Near Mint 90% - 96% Excellent 80% - 89% Very Good 70% - 79% Good Below 70%
RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The auctioneer will determine the highest bidder. The auctioneer alone has the right to reopen the bidding of an item if deemed necessary due to a dispute. If there is a tie bid between the floor and Internet or absentee bid, the floor bid takes precedence. DMA and its representatives reserve the right to remove those attendees who impede preview and/or the auction. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer. The buyer will then assume all risk and full responsibility of the lot purchased once ownership has changed.
• ABSENTEE BIDDING - DMA will accept absentee bids if pre-authorized by mail, fax or through www.morphyauctions.com online. Absentee bidders must use the absentee bid form and clearly mark the lot number, title and maximum bid amount. Absentee bidding forms may be accessed online at www.morphyauctions.com. If there are two (2) identical bids placed on the same item, priority will be given to the first bid received. All bids must be left in increments as explained on our bid form. If a bid is “out of increment,” the auctioneer has the right to round the bid up to the next correct increment. Bidders may preview, register and place bids online through our website, www.morphyauctions.com. Online absentee bidding through DMA is available until 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the sale. Absentee bids placed through www.morphyauctions.com will be auto charged to the credit card entered 48 hours after the end of the sale. If you wish to pay by another method please contact us within 48 hours after the sale. Seller(s) agree to allow the Auctioneer to accept and execute absentee bids in a competitive manner for potential buyers and under the Morphy Auctions absentee bidding terms and conditions. During the live sale, the auctioneer will execute your absentee bid competitively up to the maximum amount you have indicated.
• ONLINE BIDDING - Online bidding through Bidopia, Live Auctioneers, and Proxibid may be available; all Terms and Conditions still apply. If there is a tie bid between the internet bidding venues and the floor, the floor bid takes precedence. If a credit card has been provided to one of the online bidding platforms, DMA reserves the right to use and charge the credit card if the winning bidder has not paid via another method by the 10 day term in Payment Terms below. Due to our fast paced auctions and bids coming from floor bidders, phone bidders, internet bidders and absentee bids, the auctioneer has the final word on all item(s) sold. You (the bidder) assume the risk of winning an item online and not having the item actually sell to you. This is due to the final call of the auctioneer and the operator not being able to re-open that lot. Please allow 24-48 hours post auction to receive your official invoice from Morphy Auctions.
• TELEPHONE BIDDING - Requests for phone lines must be received at least three (3) days prior to the auction date. DMA cannot guarantee phone lines but will make every attempt to accommodate those who wish to participate through that method. Phone lines are provided on a first come first served basis. Please visit www.morphyauctions.com or call 717-335-3435 to request a call from our representatives during the live auction.
Bid increments listed are a general guideline. Actual increments are at the auctioneer’s discretion. If a lot does not receive a bid of 25% of the low estimate, the lot will be passed by the auctioneer.
$0 - $500…$25 $500 - $1,000…$50 $1,000 - $2,000…$100 $2,000 - $5,000…$250 $5,000 - $10,000…$500 $10,000 +… Auctioneer’s discretion
The majority of our items are unreserved, but occasionally items may carry a moderate reserve. Please note that when a lot carries a reserve, the reserve is usually somewhere below our low estimate. In the case of a reserved item, the seller has authorized the auctioneer to bid on their behalf until the reserve price is reached.
A 20% buyer’s premium will be added to all successful bids and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase cost. A 2% discount is applied to payments made with: cash, check or money order. Split payments are subject to a 20% buyer’s premium if a credit card is used as any form of total payment.
All buyers will pay applicable state sales tax. Sales Tax will be charged unless the item is being shipped out of state or the buyer provides a current state exemption form.
All merchandise must be paid in full within ten (10) days of the date of the sale. Purchases totaling $100,000 or more must be paid within three (3) days of the date of the sale. Call 717-335-3435 to pay your invoice by phone or mail payment to: Dan Morphy Auctions LLC 2000 N Reading Rd Denver, PA 17517
Absentee bids placed through www.morphyauctions.com or online at Bidopia and Proxibid.com will be auto charged to the credit card entered 48 hours after the end of the sale. If you wish to pay by another method please contact us within 48 hours after the sale.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal checks/ certified checks, wire transfers, money orders, and cash.
• CREDIT CARD - For first time buyers and credit card charges greater than $2,500.00 buyers must complete the bottom portion of the invoice and must specifically sign the acknowledgement of our terms of sale before we will accept payment via credit card. We do offer the convenience of paying automatically by credit card. If you wish have your card automatically charged for all purchases please complete our “Authorization for Automatic Credit Card Use.” We have this form available online or upon request. Split payments are subject to a 20% buyer’s premium if a credit card is used as any form of total payment.
• CHECK - There will be a $30.00 service charge for returned checks. Make checks payable to: Dan Morphy Auctions LLC. DMA reserves the right to hold items paid for by personal or company check until said check clears (14 days). DMA has the right to hold all checks over $2,000.00. Customers who have an established successful buying history with DMA may be exempt from this. We will accept a personal or company check >$2,000 and/or from a first time buyer if you provide a Bank Letter of Credit, available on our website, www.morphyauctions.com.
• WIRE TRANSFERS – There will be a $30.00 charge added to all wire transfers less than $2,000.00. Please add this amount to your invoice total before sending a wire transfer.
In the few situations where a successful bidder does not remit payment when due, DMA will proceed with the legal steps necessary to protect its interests and will block the bidder from future auction participation.
• It is the bidder’s responsibility to take shipping and handlings costs into consideration when bidding on items.
• Packaging, shipping, and insurance on items will be available to successful bidders. Applicable charges will be applied.
• BIDDERS PRESENT AND TAKING ITEMS AFTER AUCTION – Items paid for must be packed, transported and/or removed by the purchaser at his/her own risk after the close of the sale. If any employee or agent of DMA shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. DMA shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee. All items not removed after the close of the sale may be shipped to the buyer at their expense or may be moved or stored by DMA. Fees, rates, and insurance will be charged accordingly to the buyer.
• BIDDERS NOT PRESENT OR NEEDING SHIPPING - Shipping and handling charges will be added to the invoice and are NON-REFUNDABLE. Shipping will be based on actual costs via FedEx, FedEx Freight or USPS (best way). Handling and insurance will vary in cost depending on each invoice. All packages will be shipped with insurance. Items will ship seven to fourteen (7-14) business days after payment is received.
• INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS – DMA has the availability to ship to international bidders. By law, DMA cannot and will not declare lesser values for any international purchases and all shipments will include the invoice with purchase totals including the buyer’s premium and shipping cost. All international bidders are responsible for paying all customs and duties on the items.
• LARGE SIZE ITEMS - Please inquire about shipping costs due to the size restrictions of freight shipments. A third party shipment may be necessary for larger items. Call for more information, 717-335-3435
POSTSALE RETURN POLICY
DMA hires knowledgeable experts to provide catalog descriptions on the merchandise we sell. Every effort is made to ensure those descriptions are accurate and that they fully disclose any exceptions to condition. Buyers who wish to report a problem with a purchase they have made must notify DMA within three (3) days of receipt of their purchased item. A Return Authorization Number (RA#) must be issued by DMA before you ship anything back to our address. Any items arriving without a return authorization will not be given a refund. The item in question must be shipped with the RA# on the outside and inside of the package, with full insurance, so it arrives at DMA within one week of the aforementioned authorization.
All rights reserved. Entire contents copyright 2011, Dan Morphy Auctions LLC. Copyright includes, but is not limited to, print media, microform and electronic media, such as CD-ROMS and online computer services.